I’m so addicted to healthy food lately. And I think i kind of have to be if im going to gym and try to build some muscle. But I’ve never been the type to like sweet potatoes. They always seemed so yuck to me growing up and I hated the ‘sweetness’. I didn’t get it. I didn’t get the fuss over them. Till I grew up. Now I cannot absolutely wait to put them in my mouth and devour them 😍 a mini orgasm in my mouth.
Here is one of the recipes I’ve come to love when it comes to sweet potatoes. I don’t like the traditional boiled and spiced sweet potatoes. It seems bland and boring so one day I bumped into this beautiful roasted sweet potato with green yoghurt sauce recipe and I can finally say I know what love is. LOL.
Hope you love it…
* 2 large sweet potatoes, cut lengthwise into wedges
* 1 tablespoon of cornstarch or arrowroot powder
* 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
* 1 tablespoon of Italian seasoning
* 1 teaspoon of sea salt
* Pinch of fresh ground pepper
Green Yoghurt Sauce
* 1 cup of Greek yoghurt or unsweetened coconut Yoghurt
* 2 tablespoons of tahini Paste or sesame seed oil/seeds
* 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
* 1/2 cup of basil leaves
* 2 tablespoons of parsley leaves
* 1 tablespoon of cilantro leaves
* 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
* 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
* Fresh pepper
1. Preheat oven on 200^C/425^F, line baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside
2. Place wedges and cornstarch in a large plastic bag and toss/shake to coat evenly. Transfer the wedges to a large bowl and add olive oil, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Spread the wedges on to your baking sheet. Bake for 30-35 minutes, stopping halfway through to flip them over. Until the edges are browned.
3. While the potatoes bake, make your sauce. Combine all your ingredients into an upright blender. Until it’s well chopped and the sauce is green in colour.
4. Serve the potatoes warm with the sauce on the side.
Happy eating Lovelies.